Someone asked me recently what my favorite blueberry recipe is. It's hard to pick just one, but I do come back to this simple recipe for blueberry pie every year. It is from The New McCall's Cookbook. Enjoy!
Pastry for 2-crust pie
2 pints fresh blueberries
1 tbs lemon juice
1 cup sugar
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Dash ground cloves
2 tbs butter
1. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry.
2. Preheat oven to 400F. (I have a convection oven and use the convection back setting at 375F)
3. Wash berries and drain well. Place in large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice
4. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in small bowl. Add to berries, tossing lightly to combine. Turn into pastry-line pie plate, mounding in center. Dot with butter.
5. Roll out pastry top. Make several slits near center. Adjust over filling, folding edge of top crust under bottom crust. Press together and crimp.
6. Back 45 to 50 minutes or until juices start to bubble through steam vents and crust is golden brown.
7. Cool for at least 1 hour.